- Daily Beast has an updated scorecard on renewals and cancellations, and THR has an upfronts scorecard.
- ABC has ordered 8 new series, including a Connie Britton one, y'all! Plus Shawn Ryan's Last Resort. And ABC has renewed a bunch of series, including Once Upon a Time, Suburgatory, Happy Endings, Scandal, Private Practice, Body of Proof, and Last Man Standing. Also renewed for a 23rd season is America's Funniest Home Videos, plus Wife Swap. And Don't Trust the B in Apt 23 has been renewed, while GCB has been cancelled, as has The River and Missing, plus Pan Am, despite it being huge in Europe. And a Reba McEntire multi-cam is on. Todd VanDerWerff lays it all out.
- The CW has renewed Hart of Dixie, Gossip Girl, and Nikita, cancelled Ringer and The Secret Circle (whose showrunner acknowledges missteps but had hopes for season 2 ideas), and ordered 5 pilots to series.
- NBC has renewed Whitney, making that the first non-CBS multi-cam to get a second season in five years. Parks & Rec and The Office were also renewed, as was Up All Night, Fashion Star and Parenthood. NBC also picked up 6 new sitcoms, including a Dane Cook series. And the network cancelled Harry's Law, Awake, Bent, BFF, and Are You There, Chelsea? (Not anymore. Zing! I should get a random prize for being the 200th person to make that joke today.)
- Fox has renamed Mindy Kaling's show. Get ready for The Mindy Project.
- TNT greenlit two reality series, including one from Donnie Wahlberg on Boston police.
- Lifetime has ordered a docu-series on Whitney Houston's family.
- Sundance is developing 5 reality TV series.
Saturday, May 12, 2012
Whether you need it at this point or not, here's the 2012-13 schedule news from today that I could manage to catch up with: